Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Portland Regional Gem and Mineral Show

We attended the 30th Annual Portland Regional Gem and Mineral Show last weekend which held on September 23, 24 & 25 in Hillsboro Fair Complex. There are basically divided into 4 main sections, the exhibits area, the "hobists"area, kids games and autions area, and the dealers section. More than 100 exhibits was displayed, and over 40 dealers are there selling gem stone, craft supplies and beads. The admmission is USD5 per adult and free for children 12 and under. There is also door gift and lucky draw every hours. I think the highlight of all the exhibit is the Pineapple Opal, which looks like a human brain with a mixed of multiple colors, light purple, pink, brown and silver that makes it so unique. I also like the Ammolite gemstone a lot, that's why i got myself one of those, a gift from my hubby for my coming birthday! :)

My daughter has a lot of fun too. She got herself a cute little stuffed crocodile from spining the wheel. She picked this instead of a piece of rock as she was given a choice. But I was hoping she will choose the rock as it was very nice polished rock and will be much meaningful as well. Anyway, the choice is Hers! :)

This piece is highlight of the day, looks like a human brain

Ammolite

Rock and Gem stone Meal


Gift from hubby for my coming Birthday - The Ammolite Gemstone

2 comments:

  1. Very nice..the design and color tones! Great choice...but i think it's slightly big for me :)
    The hook on the top of the stone..will it catch or hook on to ur clothes ah..sharp bo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i zoom it a bit, i think the actual size is smaller :) the hook ar, hmm..never thought of it, maybe will, i dont know yet :)

    ReplyDelete